Beach Cottage Spa Bathroom

Sometimes it's nice to change things up a bit. My two bathrooms were decorated in a very similar look and since I made over the main bathroom so many times in so many different colours, I decided to change the 2nd bathroom using things I already had on hand.

I really do love sandy beige and white together.  It makes me think of beaches and sunny weather, so I pulled out all the accessories I had in those colours and swapped out the old look for the new.  What I love about this change is that the sand and white really work well with the sand coloured paint on the walls and the beige and white flooring.




I painted the vanity to match the trim colour.



And decorated up the shelves with baskets, candles, towels and plants, anything to feel spa - like and beachy.



Proof positive you don't always have to spend money to get a whole new look!

Here's the old look (which I still love but change is good!)


and the new look - definitely more spa like!


Have a wonderful week!


With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!


Follow on Bloglovin

27 comments:

  1. very ZEN--looks great, love vanity looks really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh yah, looks beautiful! Love that chair in there, was that in your dining room before?

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh Anne this is such a great change up. Beautiful, peaceful and relaxing just like the spa. You hit it out of the park on this one. Happy Labor Day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty!

    All you are missing to be truly beachy is sand on the floor - I can send you some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnificent! You really did a great job. It looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing what a difference those small changes make and it does feel beachy. The wicker too adds a darker tone and texture. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both ways look good. The new look is soothing. I like the addition of the wicker chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I do love wicker, don't you?

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous space! Beautiful bathroom ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, I'm loving the new feel to your bathroom. You did a fab job of making the small changes that make a huge difference. As always, you continue to inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I can just smell the lavender soap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Isn't lavender divine??

      Delete
  11. Love the knew spa look, Anne! Especially love that you changed the look without spending loads of money. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job Anne ... love the new look. So fresh and inviting. Love your painting in there too.
    Hugs,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're rocking the spa look, Anne. Well done, and with a budget in mind. LOVE!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both looks. The new one is very peaceful and it does look like a spa, like a space you come to to relax and have some me-time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love the new spa look!!...you nailed it Anne!...Beautiful. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty and relaxed! I love both looks, the new chair gives it more texture. <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. wowser's Anne, I want a spa bathroom too now!!!! Beautiful shower curtain!!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your update is lovely!

    I like the pattern on the white towels. Do you remember the brand?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I loved the before too, but I do love the spa like feel of the after!
    The wicker chair is the perfect addition to the space!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love both looks!! Such a pretty bathroom either way Anne!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!