Ikea Hack - Bekvam Stepladder Makeover



I like having easy access to things and a stepladder is a must in my house. This past week I picked up the Ikea Bekvam stepladder because it is the perfect height and it comes with a handy hook for hanging the stepladder.

I want this stepladder hung in my kitchen where it is nice and handy, but if it's going to be on display all the time I want it to be cute...





I printed this graphic from the Graphics Fairy website (click on the photo if you want to download this graphic).



I plan to hang the stepladder in my kitchen, so I painted the unfinished wood (YAY IKEA!) with the Behr Almond Cream paint I used on the walls.


Awesome!  I cut the graphic down since I only wanted to use the printing at the top and the image in the middle.  Now to add the graphic in three easy steps.

Scribble all over the back of the graphic with a pencil.


Stick the printout onto the surface and tape it in place:


                                                                Use a pen to trace the outline of the graphic

Use Sharpies of all sizes to trace over the pencil marks.


TAH DAAAHHHHH!


Now to hang it up:


Perfect!

Thanks for popping over - have a great week!





With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!




Follow on Bloglovin

Sharing with:

Share Your Cup    DIY Sunday Showcase
Wow us Wednesdays
Bouquet of Talent
Metamorphosis Monday

This project was selected as a feature on Share Your Cup!


15 comments:

  1. This is a really cool project! I love the finished outcome of your step ladder. I've been making myself an IKEA shopping list for the next time to I travel that way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea....and a beautiful one too!.....There you go again with function and beauty....Wonderful job Anne!...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Anne and so pretty too. Always need a small ladder in the kitchen. Good job on the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and I love the stencil. That looks so much lighter and easier to move than our clunky IKEA step stool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this kind of makeover, so simple but so beautiful. Great choice of colour, design everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute Anne. Looks great in your kitchen. You go girl this was awesome.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! And adding the graphic with a sharpie -- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out so cute Anne! Love the graphic that you used too. I have never tried the sharpie method. I need to! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Ikea makeover Anne! I am a sucker for anything with romantic script on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anne, just hopping by to let you know that you will be featured at SYC this week.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! Perfect transformation... and very inspiring since I'd love one of those stepladder in my living-room, close to the (future) bookcase.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a step ladder in my kitchen, too and it's so handy. Yours looks adorable, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea for storing the ladder out of the way, yet handy! I have a little vintage step-ladder that size, also, and I just painted it with leftover chartreuse-color paint, but I'm always moving it around, trying to find a place to keep it! I did use it as a plant stand, but it wasn't really sized well for that. This is a great idea, to hang it up on the wall, kinda like the Shaker's did with their chairs and other necessaries. Love the design and finish you put on your ladder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Randi! How sweet to have a vintage ladder!! I'm glad I could inspire you xo

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!