What's Inspiring Me This Week

I spent all day Saturday tearing down my beautiful 100 year old tongue & groove fir ceiling in the front entry.  Why?  Because it was leaking all winter and there was no other way to access the attic of my tiny front entry.

I'm sorry to see that pretty ceiling go, but it was all moldy on the attic side of the wood so good thing it's gone...  Since I won't have the finished entry to show you for a while, here are things that have been inspiring me this week!

ADORE this space, isn't it stunning???  sigh... want this in my bedroom!!

I love, love, love this designer.  Check out more examples of her work HERE

Speaking  of bedrooms, I am so going to repaint mine.  Here's the photo that inspired that idea.


From Ballard Designs - http://www.howtodecorate.com/2013/12/decorating-with-neutrals-washed-color-palettes/?crlt.pid=camp.KWicoETa853A


I cannot wait until my garden matures.  It's taking soooo long!!!  Isn't this garden divine? from Edwina Frann's Flicker https://www.flickr.com/photos/29576507@N08/


I love this gorgeous enclosed porch.  For some reason this photo reminds me of Downton Abbey - maybe Isobel's house??


I am completely in love with this look:


Just where do you get that hardware from anyway???

This is my next building project.  I can't wait to create my own  :)

Found on Houzz - http://www.houzz.com/pro/caperaceculturaladventures/caperace-cultural-adventures

I also want something like this on the back of my house.  So lovely!



What's inspiring you this week?  To see more of the things that inspire me, check out my Pinterest boards 




Have a wonderful day!  We're going to hang out in the garden  and watch the birds build nests.


Cheers!


With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!





Instagram

19 comments:

  1. So sorry about your ceiling, Anne - that's such a shame.

    Love your inspirations - and really love love love your pretty kitty cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always something with a house!! Last week I was selling everything and moving into an apartment!! A $40 hose exploded as I was washing the front porch...then I noticed ants crawling up the side of the house....ran out of ant spray and i was soaking wet......my AC concrete pad sunk on an angle thanks to the massive amount of melting snow and heavy rains..........I was not happy.....then I found 2 dead mice in a trash container in the garage......... This week I spent massive amount of money at Lowe's to replace hose and sprayer, ant dust and spray, rat/mouse killer pellets, new toilet seat (old one had cracked), trash container on wheels, bags to fit new container, Preen, new wire strippers, bag of gravel, and some other stuff like paint and a brush..............just for fun,(because I needed some fun), a bird feeder for the front yard shaped like an old time lantern and painted red so it matches my red SUV........I know, everything has to match........

    Hope your ceiling is water proof now, and I love the pic from Ballard, love that catalog, very cool and restful........that's what we need!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, sounds like you had the week from hell - glad it's behind you now! I hope your apartment is less stressful!!!! xox

      Delete
  3. Love all your inspiration photo's Anne. So pretty. Sorry about the ceiling. Hope that will not be a big project.
    Happy Sunday.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the ceiling but better to be safe especially with mold. Great inspiration. Love the Ballard bedroom

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love Tracey Rapisardi - her colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's unfortunate about your porch ceiling. Water leaks are such a pain to deal with.
    That garden is beautiful. Someone put in a lot of long, hard hours creating it and the little black kitty is adorable. Lots of great inspiration in your pics. I've been looking at pergola pics this week too.

    Hope you're enjoying your May long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your ceiling, but if it was rotten, better get rid of it, I know you'll do something wonderful with your ceiling later.
    I pinned that enclosed front porch as an inspiration for the day I'll redo mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved your photos, they are indeed inspiring. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's too bad that the wood can't be reclaimed due to the destruction of the mold. I love all the photos. I really like that porch. My parents have something similar on their old house back east. It's a great spot in the winter to read a book, because their are benches and storage on either side of the door that are built in, and the glass acts like a green house. It would be nice in a colder climate. I also love the Ballard bedroom. I look forward to your projects, Anne. xoox Su

    ReplyDelete
  10. anne for as long as i have been reading your blog and it has been a while i cannot believe i wasn't follow your on pinterest ..... i am now and wow xx p.s. sucks about your ceiling i hope it is not a major project xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has turned into a fairly major project... GAH! thanks for following me on Pinterest too!

      Have a great week! xox

      Delete
  11. Good thing you found the mold and got rid of it. Now all of your inspiration will help you decide what to do next with that area. I could totally see your bedroom woth those new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a shame that you had to take down your ceiling to do repairs. I guess 100 years of wear and tare will take a toll. I hope you were able to find the source of the problem.
    Lot's of great inspiration here! I like the barn door mechanism too. I bet you could find it on the internet. I like the opening window too. Imagine how nice that light would be in a room! The french doors and porch are wonderful too. I want that for my house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of awesome inspiration :-) That garden is amazing! Love the look of the chalkboard & shelving - it's a mini barn door :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The foyer ceiling sounds like a huge project....but knowing you, you tackled it and corrected your problem...love all of your inspiration...and they are selling the sliding barn door hardware at Lowes and Home Depot now...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too bad about your ceiling Anne, is there any way you can replicate it?? Your photo inspirations look lovely too, we've got similar tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That pantry with the chalkboard door is fantastic. Great inspirations Anne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it divine? Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!