Anthro Inspired Welcome Sign



I am on a welcome sign kick this week - chalk it up to my new front porch!! While scrolling through Pinterest I found a photo of old doorknob plates used as a street number sign.  I was going to replicate that look but the numbers would have been a bit too small to see from the street.  Instead I went with yet another welcome sign...


Plus I scored an scrabble set at the Thrift shop a few weeks ago & I was delighted to use some of the tiles for this project.



Here are some of the supplies I used.


In addition, after I laid out the whole thing, I thought it needed a frame.



Since I have this aversion to throwing out even the tiniest length of trim, I have a lot of bits and pieces kicking around.  Finally I could use some of them up!!  I also used dark wax to darken the paint on the bead board and I white-washed the trim pieces and then wiped raw umber paint mixed with a bit of water over the top.


I think it turned out pretty sweet!


Have a great day!!

28 comments:

  1. anne this is so cool i love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute! Love all of the components - made a darling welcome sign!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!

    I am thinking of making a sign this week to hang on the wall of ivy outside our dining room window. I have the wood, but haven't decided what the sign should say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative and cool! I never would have thought to use doorknob plates in a piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Repurposed and found items make everything more interesting, don't they? Love the scrabble letters, too. Well done! Catherine (Newest follower of your blogging adventures!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute welcome sign! I love the idea of repurposing the scrabble pieces to express a sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne- How cool is this! Will you link it up to Friday Favorites going on now? laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable Anne! I love it - and the scrabble letters!? So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! I love how it came together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Cute Anne. Love this. Great DIY project.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anne that is really cute and yes, it needed a frame. Just love old door knob plates.
    Good job as always.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really cute and unique, Anne. I forget what you call it, but once again, I love the trim style you used (you know, rather than a miter cut!) Totally cottage and perfect for your cottage home ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne this is awesome! You always seem to know just what to do with stuff. It takes me a while!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darling idea. I love the colors. Do you sale your crafts? If not you should. XX Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That turned out great Anne, very "Anthro"!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute! I love the idea, and the frame is just the right compliment.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, you're so good at making signs now! It's going to turn into a business!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a creative idea! Love the different lock plates you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this project! Thanks so much for sharing at the Vintage Inspiration Party. I'll be featuring this on MySalvagedTreasures Facebook page today:-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is darling! Thanks for sharing it at the Vintage Inspiration Party. I hope you'll link it up at the Best of DIY party this Friday at Knick of Time also! All links will appear on 27 different blogs! I'm featuring you on my FB page today here - https://www.facebook.com/KnickofTime

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If your comment has no email address, I'll leave a reply on this post under your comment. Have a fabulous day!