Home Made Ornaments

I signed up for a home made Christmas ornament exchange and wound up making several different ones.  I chose a felted snowman ornament and was super excited to make it, but my enthusiasm quickly waned when I could NOT find the motivation to do any hand sewing.   So after two weeks of procrastinating, I went back to the drawing board.

Here are the ornaments I created:

Wrap jute or twine around the jar lids.  Tie the two lids together with twine.


Add a felt scarf and hat and glue some decorative holly onto the hat for an extra festive touch!


Wrap twine around and around and around.. looks time consuming but only takes about 5 minutes to do (depending on the size of lid you have), then add a bow to cover the tie-off.  I added some wire garland around the center of it to add some sparkle.  I didn't have to glue it, the wires tuck in neatly underneath the knot that ties off the twine.

I had a lot of little bits of veneer left over from my apothecary cabinet makeover, so I wiped some white paint on them, wrote Christmassy things on, drew a few sprigs of holly and berries and drilled holes for a festive wire hanger.  You could also use paint sticks or even shims for this.


Then I tried to find cute ways to use them in displays:




and of course, there was my 3D tin star project that worked out so very well :)


and because I was in the spirit of creating, here is my outdoor snowman wreath:


Christmas decorating is moving right along.  Have a happy week!!


Don't Miss Another Post!


37 comments:

  1. This is so cute!!! I love it!!!! Great blog too. I'm Hanna and I am your newest follower:) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your snowmen, Anne and the way you put the Joyful sign next to the pears - lovely vignette :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The twine ones are so cute Anne, and I love the little signs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are adorable Anne! Sometimes....the second thought is better anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them are adorable. Simple is best. If you stew long enough, you are bound to come up with something fantastic, and you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These ornaments are adorable, you did a fantastic job.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Anne...these are all so cute!! LOVE snowmen, they are my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vey nice little ornaments, I love signs! Your wreath snowman is super cute.
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your outdoor snowman wreath, these snowman crafts are sure to melt your heart during the Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne -- the snowman ornament is so cute! I love it! I'm going to make these with my kids. Thanks so much for the idea!!! {HUGS}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hermosos trabajos, me encantan! Un abrazo grande.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! I’d love it if you’d share this at my linky party! http://accidentallywonderful.blogspot.com/p/inspiration.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Anne!!...fantastic ornaments and decorations...I love, love the snowman!!!...Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are so cute! I love the rustic feel and I have to say....absolutely brilliant! I'm filing this under "why didn't I think of that!"

    Have an awesome day rock star!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love handmade ornaments & decorations :-) The snowmen are so charming, and totally cool that you made a big one for outdoors. Your vintage holiday signs are sweet too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great ideas! My favorite is the jar rings with twine.
    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. they are all adorable! the first snowmen are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute! I love your outdoor snowman wreath :) Visiting from Cowgirl Up Party - have a lovely week!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. All very cute, Anne! The tin star is still my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mason Jar Lid Snowmen? Genius! Love all your ideas! xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute & clever Anne! Your outdoor snowman wreath makes me smile love the scarf ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful decorations, Anne! I also really like your jaunty outdoor snowman with the blue scarf:) Glad that you enjoyed my holiday door basket--always nice to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh Anne, that little snowman is the most adorable thing ever!!! Gonna head on over and look at all these wonderful links. Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The little snowman is really cute. Homemade is so special for the Christmas Season, I've been doing that a lot this year. Oh and I really Love the outside scarved one too.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great ideas, Anne! The little snowman is so cute. Thanks for sharing a tutorial. Thank you for linking up to the Better Late Than Never Christmas Inspirations bloghop.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great ornaments. I love the snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such cute ornaments and decorations, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute Anne! I love the texture the twine adds to the snowman ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these Anne! So cute!!!!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  30. Adorable! I do love the twine wrapped ones. I did that too using star cookie cutters. Love your creativity, Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...