Bathroom Sneak Peek

The project that never ends... welcome to my bathroom gut-and-build-again impossibilities challenge!

My challenge was to do as much of the work myself as I could and to keep the budget to $3000.  Well, so much for the $3 grand - I'm at the $4000 mark already but almost everything has been bought and paid for.  I am still quite far away from finishing the beadboard walls and the trim as I wait patiently - ok, NOT patiently, for my plumber to work on the plumbing so I can finish.

What I did to appease my frustration was to go shopping for accessories.  I'm so excited by all the things I found and today I'm going to show you the one part of the bathroom that IS finished.




This is how the vanity looked when I bought it:

I painted it a pale blue-green that is so light it only hints at colour and I love the way it turned out:



Then I picked up a glass shelf and a pretty green glass bathroom set from Ikea.  I got the mirror from Home Sense and painted it white with the details in pale blue.



I found the tin tarts at a yard sale this summer. One is a tealight holder and one will hold rings  or other jewelry.  The lavender is from my garden and the glass vase is a bottle I've been carrying around forever.


Isn't this gorgeous??  I toured a lavender farm on my summer vacation and bought quite a few lavender items from their boutique.  It was heavenly.

Oh and one more little peek at the opposite side of the bathroom:

Not sure if I like this styling or not yet, it may change!!

Do you remember what this room looked like this time last fall??  This photo is the bathroom after the drywall and panelling came down.  Shudder!!!!  That's plywood on the walls.  Smelly, damp, beginning to mould plywood.  Attached to the walls with 3" spiral nails placed every 6 inches.  Sigh.  This is one reno I am very glad to see the (near) end of.


So I'm still plugging away at it, but the room looks pretty even though the tub surround isn't done and the walls and trim aren't finished.  I can live with it now :)  To see all three posts on my Impossibilities Challenge, click HERE

Have a happy and creative week!

Linking to these fabulous parties:

41 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful!

    Can't wait to see the rest!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    Your bathroom is looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! All that hard work has paid off!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks wonderful Anne!! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty Ann, I love the color of the paint you used, you have did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Anne, it looks fantastic! You do good work. Looking forward to seeing it all done as I'm sure you are too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vanity area is beautiful. Love your new accessories. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Inspiring dear,Good Job!

    If you have a minute, please check out my blog and leave a comment on my new post.
    I'll appreciate it so much! Thanks!

    Blow A Rainbow

    XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is looking good girlfriend ;) Lovin your choices so far so glad you are in the home stretch! Can't wait to see the finished bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Anne, just beautiful! Ya know what? I was just thinking about your bathroom progress and wondering how it's coming along - I think it looks GREAT! Very warm and welcoming (if you can say that about a bathroom) and so totally you <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bathroom is looking fabulous! The sink is beautiful and everything that you've painted to go together is wonderful, I know the end result will be gorgeous and you'll get so much enjoyment out of it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. So far so good! You should be one happy camper! Lovely! The nice thing about it taking so long is that the cost gets spread out! haha! So nice that you stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the soft colour you painted your vanitory. I'm sure your whole bathroom will turn out beautifully.

    Kifus

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anne, Your bathroom looks great!!! I bet you are loving it:).It must be a fantastic feeling! Have a great week, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, it looks fantastic. Great job on the cabinet! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Mod Vintage. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is looking good and looking forward to seeing the finished product. I really like that boat picture on the wall and hope you keep it there. It looks as if it goes very nicely with you water colors in the rest of the room.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha ha, I remember this from ... March, was it? You've come a long way, Anne, it looks as lovely as the inspirational pics I saw a few months back :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anne! You are doing am AMAZING JOB!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see the finished project...AWESOME!!!!! sending tons of hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anne it really looks great and is coming along so well. I can't wait to see it finished.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  19. O wow, how brilliant -- you've done a great job! I'll bet the end result will be amazing! So glad to have discovered your inspiring blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. It really looks marvelous! And I love all of your special touches...lavender soap and a ship painting...perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bathroom is coming along very nicely, Anne! I like the vanity much better white and the little details like the coat hooks, and your nautical painting add a lot of character. I bet you can't wait to see it all finished. Bathrooms and kitchens are hard to do without while you renovate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never remodeled a bathroom before, but I've heard that it is a lot of work. I beleive it! Just think how nice it will be when it's completely done. It's looking good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Anne....the bathroom looks wonderful!!!....I was wondering when I would see this project that you have been so tireless working on....you work magic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's looking great! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anne,

    I'm loving that peek at the almost finished bathroom ... and it looks so gorgeous! Can't wait to see the full reveal. Hey Mr. Plumber, get your act together!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow!!! You are amazing! I like the new walls. I can smell the lavender now :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good for you Anne!! Isn't it crazy how quickly it all adds up! It will all be worth it though. I cannot wait to see the final reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love it! wow....can you come here next? I'll bake you cupcakes. pleezzzeeee

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have done a great job! We jut finished our bathroom...$$$$$$. It looks marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that curved sink!!! and the faucet. Can't wait to the rest when finished. After we finish our M. bedroom, we gotta start on the M bath, so I'm taking notes ;-)
    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  31. Glad to see your impossibilities are becoming reality! Lavender from your garden - jealous!!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wow! I love it. The vanity definitely looks better in white. And I just love the little area for hanging towels, the little cup, the stool and the nautical painting. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  33. It is looking so incredibly Awesome Anne!!!!! : ) hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  34. can't wait to see the finished bathroom. I love what you did at your vanity sink, it compliments all the accessories including the mirror!

    emergency expert plumbers

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

    bathroom remodeler andover ma

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the way you painted your bathroom mirror.It inspired me a lot.
    beautiful bathrooms

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...