Why buy new when you can paint instead?!

I think I should change my blog's name to It's All About Paint...  That seems to be all I ever do anymore.  For example:

 

 
 


well you get the picture... (for details check out my project gallery HERE)


So this week I found an oops paint tester pot at Home Depot (my home away from home).  It looked like a nice greige colour so I snapped it up, came home and promptly began painting stuff.

I painted my clock (ever since I had seen Becca Berger's turquoise clock, I've been ready to paint mine)

Before - I liked it but wanted a change.
 Oh and this is where the before shots end... bad, bad blogger!!!

I painted bookends



I painted mason jars and candle holders and then I broke out the Wythe Blue tester that I have and added a few more bottles to the mix



and then I had the brilliant notion to add this brooch that I never wear to the milk bottle I had just painted Wythe Blue.

and then I painted this table top from a maple coffee table I picked up at the dump for free (holy this thing is HEAVY). , I want to use the table top for a work counter in my office, so now it's sitting here waiting for me to come up with legs for it.

just a quick shot to show the paint treatment.
Oh and not to forget the cute baby Deitz lantern I got for a buck at a garage sale.  There's no flint left, so I can't light it... good candidate for paint!!!

isn't it cute??

Thank God I have so much paint on hand to play with because my reno budget is now nonexistant.  My shed/studio needs a new roof.  I had planned to do the work myself but after Googling removal of asphalt shingles and discovering the tipping fees and weight of the stuff, I opted instead to hire someone.  I was pleased to discover that the quote for removal/replacement of asphalt shingles was exactly the same amount as removal of the shingles and replacement with metal sheets, so I'm getting a lovely brown metal roof instead.  I'm so happy!!! and I don't have to do it myself.  So I'll take the hit to my budget and be thrilled that I'm getting exactly what I want without any more effort from me than signing a cheque.  This one was definitely worth the outlay!!!

Have a happy day!!


40 comments:

  1. Popped over from DIY Project Parade...I love the painted jars!!! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Oh my goodness you have been busy painting. Everything looks great and so fresh and clean.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful creative work.
    Blessings,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the small details that make all the difference. Those will look so nice with the rest of the room!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne,
    You are painting up a storm!! You are just like me LOL! I just can't leave anything alone.Great makeovers!Sometimes a little paint is all you need to bring new life to things.
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say, you get more bang for your buck with a pot of paint, than with any other item for home decor. You've proved it.

    That brooch is so pretty and looks perfect with the blue of the vase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of paint Anne! LOL! Good for you! I'm working on some paint projects myself these days too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bottles painted and the bookends and clock look great, you certainly have been busy! Nice that you don't have to do that roof...great that it will be done for you♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smart girl to hire out that roof job. Can't imagine you doing something like that on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Popped over from Manic Monday/Serendipity and Spice. I also PAINT all the time. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy Blog! Please come by and link up your spaces with Making Space Mondays link party #10. I hope to see you there at www.debtfreemommyblog.blogspot.com! -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You've been seriously busy! I love that bottle with the brooch on it...so clever! That little lamp for a buck?? Total score!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl you have been busy! I LOVE the clocks new look!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey there Ann! I LOVE WHITE and I LOVE YOUR projects!!!! I am really smitten with your book ends -- they are fabulous!!! Love all the creativity beaming from this post! Sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything turned out lovely. I especially like the clock. Just beautiful.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha, you can often find me roaming the house, paint brush in hand, when I get on a roll. That clock came out awesome ... and that table needs some legs asap, it's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow..fabulous..wonderful pieces...gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks anne for coming to my party...love how you added that pin to the milk bottle.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I am so glad that I was not in your house when you went on a painting spree...I would have a new complexion of cream and blue...Everything looks great...I really like the clock transformation!!...and great news about the roof!.....It is going to look fantastic with that new metal roof!!...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would say that you have been busy with that can of paint and all your creativeness! Everything looks just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's amazing what paint can do. I adore all your newly painted pieces.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anne, You are definitely the Queen of painting. Always inspired by you!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the title of your post, Anne. I sooooo agree. Look at the new life you've given these pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  23. We could so co-host a blog all about painting! I love the brooch on the vase!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything looks great! Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  25. Even though your budget is now limited with the unexpected roofing project, you have me completely convinced that a lot can be done with just a little paint!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lot of painting you've done. You're on a roll.....
    Great news about your new roof. Sounds so exciting, getting to tick off some more boxes in the renovation process.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Isn't that what the "HOME" in home depot stands for? All the people who think they live there. :)
    Your painted pieces are beautiful, especially the clock, I LOVE that! Does it chime? I want one of those so badly.
    HUGS, CINDY

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, it looks like someone's Oops was your gain!

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful color on the painted jars, anne:) love the clock and bookends, too! we have a metal roof on our shed-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are a paintin kind of gal! I mainly touch up wood picture frames I find at thrift shops.

    Popped in from Wow Us Wednesday ~

    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Ann ... saves so much time to paint a lot of stuff when you get started. Everything looks so fresh. Good job.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Ann ... saves so much time to paint a lot of stuff when you get started. Everything looks so fresh. Good job.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have one of those clocks in my basement. Doesn't work, but it would look awesome painted, like yours does!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing what paint can do. Great transformations! Would love for you to share them over at our Friday Block Party at Curb Alert!
    http://tamicurbalert.blogspot.com/2012/08/friday-block-party-13-come-join-us.html
    Have a great weekend!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  35. Paint makes everything new.
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great painting projects, they all look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anne, Thanks for sharing this inspiring post on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  38. Cuter than cute! I love the pin on the bottle/vase! Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...