I have an older Ikea armchair - the pre-cursor to the Poang chair I believe. It's super comfortable and small enough to have in my little living room except that I don't like the look... So a little makeover was in order.
|Ikea chair in the far corner looking very dated...|
I primed and painted the legs in bone white and waxed over the paint with Minwax dark paste wax. I love the painted look. I opted for a patterned fabric to add a little more interest. I really wanted the same fabric as the tea towel cushion I made (see photo below) but couldn't find anything to match.
The pattern and colours would have been perfect! Instead, I decided to buy another cotton shower curtain like the one in my bathroom:
The pattern is a bit large, but I think it will work!
OK so there it is and nobody look too closely cause I am a terrible sewer!!! I don't have a sewing machine so I do everything by hand... I folded the shower curtain in half and sewed up the bottom and one side. After stuffing the original cushion into the new "pillowcase", I made some strategic cuts to allow for the original cushion cover to slip over the back of the chair and then I tucked the edge of the new cover up underneath it. I'm never going to be as good a sewer as Linda, her cushions are to die for!!! but at least my cats think I'm amazing :)