black and white

I'm in love... no, not with a person, with a paint treatment :).

I've begun painting over my black furniture with bone white, distressing it and LOVING the results!!  I'm ready to repaint everything black and then white again just to get that look.  No, I'm not that crazy.  I might add a few black highlights here and there to my other pieces, but I'm too tired of painting furniture to start all over again.

The whole thing began when I repainted my kitchen in bone white two weekends ago.  I have a maple slab plank that I made into a shelf last year and spray painted with Rustoleum Painter's Touch Canyon Black.  I decided it would be nicer if it matched the walls, so I painted it a semi-gloss version of the wall colour.  Then I sanded the top and the edges and fell in love.  I painted over the corbels as well - more love fest and when I hung everything up again, the love fest grew and grew:





My eyes fell on my poor Ikea Bekvam kitchen cart that has been made over seemingly endless times... and they are SUCH A PAIN to paint!!  I bit the bullet and began painting - LOVE!!





And then I painted white over a dark basket as well.




And with all the white paint, my windowless and dark kitchen is brightening right up! I can't believe how much better everything looks compared to the way it looked when I moved in.  Paint makes SUCH a difference!!

BEFORE:
AFTER



I have another project on the go that I've begun painting in this combo but I'm not going to share here.  You'll just have to wait.

Have a great week!


32 comments:

  1. I so love that look. I like what you've done! So fresh looking.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. fits right in! nicely done Anne! Are you going to repaint your breakfast table now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne, I like the look of this paint treatment. Your kitchen is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you've been busy! Your paint treatment looks fantastic. I know it is a joy to cook in your "new" space. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks terrific, Anne. I'm just starting to use the chalk paint and am loving the results.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling the love ... and now am tempted to grab a can of white and a piece of sandpaper and start going to town ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks very bright and fresh! Great job! New follower! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great! the black gives a nice contrast underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the white paint. It should add some brightness. Fantastic look

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! What a charming kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that space. Fun to see what you've been up to!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks gorgeous, Anne!

    Hope you will stop by for a fun glass bottle platter giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very charming, Anne! The white over the black does look amazing ~ paint is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so lovely, anne! it looks fresh and bright--great redo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love it Anne! I love white on white, but it can look sterile if not done right. Your bringing the black back on the edges makes it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh yes, the change is remarkable. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bits of black distressing showing through the white! I am totally feeling the love, too!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, HUGE difference, but I'm just a little partial to white. Hard work, but so worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I've been MIA! I love how things are looking! Hows that roof??

    ReplyDelete
  20. greetings!

    i popped over after reading your sweet comment at elyse/shabby sweet tea's blog.

    don't you love paint? it rocks! all of your transformations are fabulous!

    happy summer wishes

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely love the new look! I love the hardware on that cabinet too! I am so ready to paint my Kitchen! Thank you so much for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. O.K. Now I want to go out and redecorate my kitchen. The AFTER picture really shows the difference. It looks great! I have white cabinets in my kitchen, and I didn't realize how lighter and more cheerful it looks than just wooden ones. That looks like a little coffee area, so charming.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the white and black, and I think it's your great accessories like the wire basket that pull it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your after pictures are amazing. Love the white. Your kitchen looks so cozy and inviting.

    Glad I found your blog...gonna go back through the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anne! I love two toned looks- especially white with wood. GREAT job!! Such an improvement. My friend has 2 wooden Ikea kitchen carts that I'm trying to get her to do this sort of look with. I'm going to show her your blog post to convince her! =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love it...you are right...your kitchen looks so fresh and bright....Great job there Anne...you are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your project feels perfect for summer! Give yourself a huge pat on the back. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh my goodness. The white looks totally amazing. I love it. Your kitchen looks fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love white and black! You've done a great job!! What a big difference it makes in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome love the last pic with your bow wow peeking round the corner to cute.
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for sharing this at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  32. the difference is amazing in that last set of photos! LOVE the after picture...I noticed that sweet little face peeking around the corner. :)

    great job!
    gail

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...