Gardening 2012!

Yay!  Stuff is beginning to grow in my gardens :)  Of course I failed to take a photograph a week ago when the crocuses were absolutely gorgeous.  I waited until today when they were all droopy and finished blooming.  Oh well, I can share with you the lovely violets and chives that have self-seeded.

 This is right in front of one of the doors to my studio (it never gets opened).  Aren't they beautiful?!  Love the scent as well.  I found the Easter Island head when I cleared out an overgrown garden in the front yard.  Sure glad the previous owners forgot him!!
 Watch out for that turtle, he's been in the studio all winter.  Note the spacey look on his face like he's not really sure where he is!  I think he would bite if he could...

My rock-and-thyme patio made it through the freeze and thaw cycles without too much damage.  I tried to keep a good snow cover on it.  The wooly thyme and common thyme plants did really well.  The alpine thyme (which you would think would be the hardiest!) not so well.  Luckily only one of the plants seems the worse for wear, but I think my dog was peeing on it all winter.

And of course, I need to make you all jealous with the two old wood doors that were given to me late last October just as the snow began to fly:

I took the old brass knobs off before leaving them outside.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the doors and the hardware yet but I'm thrilled to have them!!

Linking to:







16 comments:

  1. your garden is coming along nicely.

    It is still too cold where I live to even talk about gardens.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the yard art you have. Love the doors too. Such a lovely green. We're warm here most of the year. I'm learning what will grow in zone 9 with salty air and soil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty garden! That turtle is to cute! Cant wait to see what your create with the doors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Easter island head is so delightful! I really like it. Your flowers are blooming beautifully. I never get tired of looking at flower pictures. They are the magic in our lives. A happy May day to you, Anne.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful quiet spot to sit in the summer.I love your garden stone face...so cute.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is looking lovely, I love Spring. It's a time of renewal and rediscovery. I like the old doors, I wonder what you will do with them. :)
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My yard is all weeds! I will live vicarious thru the beauty of your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't this exciting, to see life in the gardens again!?! Thanks so much for linking up to the Cottage Garden Party over here at Fishtail Cottage! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anne, It's great to make your acquaintance. Love that Easter Island head! The violets are quie pretty too. Did you know they are edible? Have a wonderful wknd!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seeing your thumbnail over at FJI you know I had to click. What a great object for the previous owners to leave for you.

    Your garden space is full of so much potential. I will enjoys seeing it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your wild garden and those stone pieces are amazing! The first one reminded me of The Brady Bunch. You know, when they went to Hawaii ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh! Love those doors and your rock and thyme patio! ~Lisa

    Visiting from the Tuesday Garden party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Violets make me smile. Every time. Without fail. I am always shocked how folks around here spend so much time trying to eradicate violets in their yards (instead of trying to eradicate the bermuda grass, which is the true weed imo.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous violets! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your yard!! A mix of plants, artifacts and whimsy. Great inpsiration!! I'll need some for my front yard this year:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful, and yes, those doors!! We are still covered in snow, it's nice to see pictures of blooms.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...