A little bit of France

More master bedroom makeover madness...

Still working with my Ikea nesting tables, I moved from the writing desk makeover to the two smaller benches.  I was growing tired of painting everything white, so I took a different approach with the larger of the two benches.  I chose the French postcard graphic from the Graphics Fairy website and enlarged it to an 11x17 size.  Then I traced the image onto the bench top, separating the postmark from the address.  I just used a sharp pen to trace through the paper and then a black Sharpie to darken the images.




Then for the little bench, I painted the top the same creamy white as all the other furniture and hand painted a fleur de lis on it with the words printed out in script underneath.


I added a box around it to frame the painting and then wiped a damp paper towel over the top of the finished drawing that wasn't dry yet.  To finish it off,  I sanded the edges of the bench to antique-fy it.
Then all I had left to do was paint the last two pieces of furniture in the room.  They got the white paint treatment to match all the other pieces.  (The after photos are shown first.)



 I decided the tables needed a little extra dressing up, so I added a fleur-de-lis pattern.



Much better don't you think?

Yay, first major project of 2012 is DONE (even though I did start it right after Christmas...)  To see the full master bedroom makeover click HERE.

May all your projects be huge successes!

Cheers!

33 comments:

  1. I have always liked the fleur de lis. I painted my dining room red and stenciled large fleur de lis every couple of feet in gold to look as if it were a wallpaper. It turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the graphics! The white paint is lovely, and I think it was a great idea to make the bench a nice wood tone to balance it all out. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love what you did here...maybe I should try it myself.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey! Congratulations on finishing your bedroom project. It does looks good now! I am looking forward to doing te same thing with transferring inages to my coffee table. I have to admit, I am a little scared in making a mistake yikes!

    Xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE how you did those tables!! The date stamp is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the Fleur de lis table. Visiting from Creative bloggers Party & Hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like what you did with all of your tables. Updates them nicely.
    Your newest follower, Maru Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you style Anne!
    Hugs Rosemary...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely! Your newest follower.. laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love you're nesting benches. The frame on the small one really add a nice dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really sharp redo! Love the bit of "France" on your piece :)

    Thanks for sharing :D
    Via: Brag Monday at GraphicsFairy,
    Suzanne in NW Illinois at WHYCUZICAN

    ReplyDelete
  12. These pieces look amazing...love the French postcard image!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks great now! You've done a great job on them all.
    It feels so good to finish a project, doesn't it.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh la la on the frenchy makeover. Very cute.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, Ann! GREAT job! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the touches of french decor. Well done. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anne, I like your romantic touches. I love old postage stamps and think that you were very clever in your recreation of them. I look forward to the full around the room tour.

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S. The big Toronto Interior Design Show is on shortly. I can hardly wait and hope to post pictures of the highlights after the show. (week of the 26th, 27th, 28th)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That bench is great. I love anything French and anything with post cards because my grandmother collected them and her love transferred to me. I am going to go check out the Graphic Fairy now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did a great job! Love the touch of France in your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this! Great idea to put something from the Graphics Fairy on there!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Tell it to Me Tuesday!!!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love me some french...check out my blog I think my french chair has that same stamp...this is a great job you did!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The little table and bench turned out beautifully. That postcard graphic is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the sweet bench!! Found you from Feathered Nest Friday today! Please pop over for a visit! ~Angie (Swede Dreamer)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love it to pieces!! Thanks so much for linking up to Overflowing with Creativity!! Have you entered my giveaway yet?

    XO, Aimee

    Customizable Frames, Signs, Wall Decor

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for sharing this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE these projects! They turned out great! Thanx for coming to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Anne- I have a post coming up in the next few days or weeks...and I linked it back to you because I saw the graphic on your blog last week.

    Thanks ! laura@imnotatrophywife.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Super charming!! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love love those nesting tables!! Following you:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...