Box Makeover #3 - Country Charm


I bought this a long time ago. It had an assortment of tea leaves in it.  I had been using the two parts of it separately as drawer organizers, but decided to use it in my front entry to hold change and odds and ends that accumulate there.  I painted a little chalkboard label area on the lid and then I decided it needed a paint job.

I used a pale turquoise paint on the top of the lid and the base, then stain on top of the paint and on the raw wood sides of the top.  It still looked a little plain, so I glued jute string on to add some texture.  When it still looked  plain, I added a checkerboard pattern to the top.

This is what I call "country rustic".




For my next box transformation - a large jewelry box.

Very handy but I've really disliked the look of this thing ever since it was given to me.



I can't wait to get at it!!


8 comments:

  1. What a SUPER fab job you did, Anne. Thanks for sharing with us. Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, I love to see things repurposed! Very glad that you were able to join us at Pin'Inspiration Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is such a cool idea!!! wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work Anne. Love what you do with the boxes. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm liking country rustic! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anne... I am popping over today from Ivy and Elephants... love your little box for bits and bobs... so cute!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne!
    Your little box is a real "treasure" now. I can see some boxes around here that need a little TLC as well. Thanks for sharing your inspiration at "What's It Wednesdays". Hope to see you again next week.
    Hugs,
    Patti and Paula

    ReplyDelete
  8. You gave your little box such a cute country makeover, Anne. I think I would rather repurpose than buy new...for most things. How about you? ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope to see you again this week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...