Tin Tales

I've had this little tin for years.  I found it in a kitchen cupboard when I moved into my very first apartment,  left behind by a former tenant.  I'm not sure why I've carried it around with me for so many years, maybe as a reminder of that milestone of coming of age...  I kind of liked it and kind of didn't but, at any rate, it has stayed with me (usually hidden away somewhere in a cupboard).



Lately I've been collecting recipes like mad and my kitchen drawers are overrun with bits of paper with hastily scribbled down instructions and print-offs of recipes found online.  So I decided I needed a recipe box to corral them all.  I dug this old tin out and spent some time staring at it, trying to figure out how to make it fit into my decor.

I decided the only thing I didn't like about it was the number of images.  Some of them were cute but it was just too busy for my liking.  So I taped off one image on each side and then I spray painted the whole thing with Rustoleum Canyon Black in Satin (love that stuff!!).

I carefully pulled off the painters' tape and left it to dry.

Here's the final product:


I like it!!

Cheers!


17 comments:

  1. You did a great job at the total tin make-over! And the images are just a perfect fit for the function.

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Anne. I have to do something similar; like you recipes everywhere!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art By Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice!
    Darling Anna thank you for your comment! Yes it's Lesvik from Ikea. I saw your wardrobe, great job, i love especially the idea of the black chalk paint!
    Hugs
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! What a way to upcycle and turning something into what you really like. Stopping by from Mod Mix Monday. Have a great week!
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little recipe box looks just amazing!!! You came up with the perfect solution, I think.
    Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! It looks so cute, I love reusing things!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. now thats a great idea, lots of tins we get do have a lot of writing we don't like,, this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the exact same tin...somewhere??? I had it out when my kitchen was decorated more "vintage" and I have since re-decorated and have no clue where it ended up. I like the new look you gave yours :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for spray paint! It's my number one choice for transformations. Your tin makes a neat recipe file box now.

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday, Anne!

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE it! what a great idea, I don't think I would have ever thought of it, really cute in black. thanks for linking up to VIF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this!! I love it! Thanks for linking it up to Latest and Greatest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne, you are a very clever girl! Thanks for linking this terrific idea to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute idea! Thank you for linking it to home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...