Super Simple Christmas Sign

I found a folk art Christmas scene on Pinterest and I had to have it!!  I decided to make a sign with it:


These are the tools I used together with a printout of the picture (laser printer!):


SUPER SIMPLE!!!


The board was stained with a light oak stain on one side.  I painted the modpodge on both the wood and the face of the image, pasted them together and let it sit overnight.  The next morning I washed the paper off in the sink and rubbed off the leftover glue with my fingers until I couldn't feel anything on the surface anymore.
Then I printed "Let it Snow" and drew the snowflake with a big chiseled Sharpie.

I really like the effect I got and I plan to make a few more of these to give as hostess gifts this year.


With a couple of holes drilled near the top and a ribbon threaded through them, this becomes a wall hanging or something to hang on a doorknob:





Linking to:
Redhead Can Decorate
DIY Showoff
Cherished Bliss
My Uncommon Slice of Surburbia
Not Just a Housewife
Bowlful of Lemons
Saavy Southern Style
DIY by Design
a Beach Cottage
Clean & Scentsible
Thrifty Decorating
The Artsy Girl Connection
The Brambleberry Cottage
Beyond the Picket Fence
From My Front Porch to Yours
Finding Fabulous
The Shabby Nest
My Romantic Home
A Little Knickknack
Designer Garden
My Simple Home Life
Funky Junk Interiors
Mod Vintage Life
Homework
My Repurposed Life

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I can hear Christmas carols as I look at it :) XOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! LOVE the Folk art scene! I can't wait for the Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it reminds me of the snows of my childhood with my grandparents who lived in the country come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea...wouldn't this be fun to do with the kids? Hmmm - I'm thinkin Sunday school. Thanks for the idea...I'm pinning it to my DIY board on Pinterest. :)
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea...have been looking for a way to do something similar and this looks really great.
    Where can I get a hold of Modpodge? And what kind of glue is it? And the image, what kind of print did you use?
    Such great inspiration, thank you.

    Thanks by the way for your sweet comment on our blog:)

    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anne that turned out great!! Thanx for sharing your treasure this week! I love seeing familiar faces!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anne, what a lovely job you did. I'm going to have to check out Pinterest. Everyone seems to be mentioning it. I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris from Ontario

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! it's so simple, and it looks so worn! I love it.
    gail
    ps catching you this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. How smart is that! All those beautiful Christmas cards...this I gotta try Anne! Thank you so much for linking up all your goodies :) Have fun decorating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...