Autumn Wreath & Fresh Salsa, too!



This wreath is super easy, all you need is a few flowers of a single type (I chose silk flowers so my wreath would last for more than just this season), a few yards of ribbon, a wreath of your choice (I chose a pre-made grapevine wreath) and a glue gun.
     

Wrap the ribbon around your wreath, secure the ends to the back of your wreath with glue.  Cluster your flowers in the lower right hand section, as many or as few as you like.  Tie a really simple bow in the upper right hand section and VOILA!   Easy, peasy wreath for your front door.





I also have a recipe for you to try out.  This is a biggie cause usually I just throw together everything I have on hand willy-nilly without paying much attention to what I've done.  For this batch, I actually wrote down what I did here - OMG!!   Good thing I did, this one is a recipe I'd like to repeat.

I had a great tomato harvest on my single tomato plant this year.  As most of the tomatoes reached the ripe stage at the same time,  I did my trusty spaghetti sauce recipe (that is always different because I don't follow any instructions...) and then I came across a Salsa recipe from An Oregon Cottage that started me on a Google quest for the perfect recipe for me.

I combined a bunch of ingredients from different recipes that I found to come up with my personal favourite, chunky, tasty and mildly spiced salsa that isn't runny.

Salsa It Up

8 large tomatoes, cored & chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 jalapeños (add more for spicier salsa) chopped finely
1 clove garlic, squashed with a knife & minced
Juice of 1/2 a lime
3/4 can of Herb Tomato Paste (the littlest can!)
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 tbsp fresh cilantro
2 tsp Greek herb mix
1 tsp gourmet pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp sea salt

Throw everything in a pot and cook over medium heat stirring often, until boiling, then simmer for 30 minutes or so - keep stirring!!  Cool & serve.  Makes 3 cups.  I made a triple batch of this, put it in one-cup mason jars and froze it so I don't have to can (I'm such a lazy cook!).

Fresh is so much YUMMIER.  Serve with sea salt rice chips or tortilla chips.








Enjoy!

24 comments:

  1. I'll have to make your Salsa, love the stuff! Was watching Martha the other day and she took tomatoes and grated them on a hand box grater for tomato sauce.. that looked interesting if you have an abundance of tomatoes...
    Thanks
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying your salsa this weekend Anne, I LOVE it.. THANKS AGAIN for stopping in.. Can't wait to share in more blog fun with you again soon.. ps: I LOVE the yellow and blue wreath combo, I've yet to really see that this fall.. Super creative.. Have a wonderful day.. xo..M

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...ps:i'm officially following your lovely boards on pinterest : ))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your salsa recipe sounds so yummy, it is making my mouth water.
    The autumm wreath is cute. As a blue fan I love the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A double whammy all in one post!!

    I love your wreath. Those punches of yellow look incredible!!

    and that salsa? Well, I'm just glad you can't hear my tummy from there! It's growling!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to meet another BC blogger! I love a good salsa!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very creative cooking and crafting up a storm in this post. The wreath looks easy to do and is super on your door. I am not much of a cook just yet, but I keep watching cooking shows in hopes that I will be someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Just want to thank for sharing a thought. I love the wreath. Great choice of flower. Sunflower is my fav. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just made a wreath too, but with real leaves & flowers so it is starting to wilt. Nonetheless, my daughter loved the process & it looked beautiful. Yours is lovely, and certainly more permanent :) The salsa sounds just scrumptious - love the greek seasoning for a twist! XOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the wreath tutorial. Love the bright, happy colours, and to top it off it's simple and easy, that's my kind of craft!

    Have a lovely weekend, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wreath! The salsa sounds yummy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by. Do you have a pet of your own?

    keep postin :)
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi lovely lady.
    Your wreath is Beautiful on the window!!! I also love Sunflowers you did a great job putting this all together for fall. I need to make your Salsa sounds Yummy for a dinner party.
    Im your newest follower on your blog now. I hope you come join my Tablescape come see, and I hope you have a great week.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh the wreath is so pretty! What a great way to welcome fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love salsa so I'll have to try out yours!
    Cute wreath you made!

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. I appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anne, Your wreath is so pretty, I just love sunflowers.
    I will be copying your wonderful recipe for salsa may try it out this weekend. Thank you...
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Hugs Rosemary...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect combo--both the salsa and the wreath, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh yum, this salsa recipe sounds so good, thanks for sharing it and your wreath on VIF, xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love fresh salsa and I'm making some later this weekend!And the wreath is the perfect touch to bring in fall! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darling Anna, thank you for your visiting and for your comments, they make my day!
    Hugs
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ah, blue and yellow are such a great color combo. I love the wreath, it just screams happy and makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anne, I just saw your post on Savvy Seasons. What a pretty wreath you have created! Great job! I am now your newest follower; and I hope you will follow me too! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...