Autumn Storm over Farmer's Field

I love autumn the best of all seasons.  A few weeks ago, I was totally inspired by a photograph of a brightly coloured red barn with a stormy sky brewing behind it.  Here is my depiction:

11x14 Acrylic on canvas

I decided to paint a black border around it and add the black corners - just like the old photo corners my mom used to use to keep photos in her albums.

I totally love this painting, sometimes I can't believe how well my vision translates onto canvas.  I hope you enjoy it, too!

Have a great week.

Linking to:

Homemaker on a Dime
Between Naps on the Front Porch
Coastal Charm
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Cherished Bliss
Homework
Not Just a Housewife
A Bowlful of Lemons
A Beach Cottage
Saavy Southern Style
DIY By Design
Clean & Scentsible
The Shabby Creek Cottage
Thrifty Decorating
The Artsy Girl Connection
The Vintage Farmhouse
Crafty, Scrappy, Happy
From My Front Porch to Yours
Brambleberry Cottage
Beyond the Picket Fence
LaurieAnna's Vintage Home
2805
At the Picket Fence
The Shabby Nest
Days of Chalk & Chocolate
My Romantic Home
My Repurposed Life
My Simple Home Life
Paint Party Friday
aka Design
Funky Junk Interiors

26 comments:

  1. Wow! Your painting is just gorgeous! I did not get the painting gene in my family but my father is a great artist too!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what Paint Party Friday is?? You should link up with that group. I just found them a few weeks ago. Great group of artists linking a weekly update about their paintings. It's inspiring. If you can't find it, send me a note and I will send you the link. I would paste it here, but I don't want that to trigger a spam detect thingy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Autumn is my favorite season, too! Nice composition and brilliant colors in your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a talent I wish I had. My mother has it but it must skip a generation.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need one of these! I love red barns!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great, Anne. The sky really looks like a storm is coming, and I love the field of flowers. Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome..you are so talented :))) love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice painting, I love the red barn! Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely painting. Thanks so much for dropping by and adding your link at Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is gorgeous! You are very talented! Love the reds you used...gives it so much energy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your painting is terrific! You are multi-talented!

    Thank you for linking this fabulous post to Potpourri Friday. You are appreciated, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is wonderful. I've been looking for a painting with a bit of red for my living room mantel - I hadn't thought of barns. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous work...love the textural feel!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful barn against the stormy sky. Faye

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful painting. I definitely get the feel of an approaching storm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very evocative painting. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great sky! It turned out very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful painting.
    I especially like the red texture of the barn. :)

    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  19. so pretty. and I love how bold the red barn is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i love the connection between the red barn and the field of red flowers. the vintage photography feel is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely painting and I like how you did the black border and corners just like in the old family albums. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have a thing for red barns and oh my goodness, I do not have words to say how much I love this painting. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anne that picture is beyond beautiful!! Thanx for coming to party!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful, I love this painting. I am a new follower, and I would love a follow back since I am so close to reaching 500. Blessings to you. http://cedarhillranch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...