Into the Pink

Marilyn at the ArtsyGirl Connection has organized Project Pink to paint our Blog World pink on October 30th.

I wasn't sure how to offer a pink tribute but today the idea for a painting came into my head and when I had finished this painting, another image kind of painted itself on the next sheet of paper.  I can't really explain it any other way, I was splattering pink paint around and this image just appeared.

Hope you like them!

A photo of John Lennon brought the word Imagine to my mind today.  I began to imagine the future with no diseases and then the idea of a dove came to me.  I hope you'll forgive the shameless pilfering of a famous dove outline!


I had a lot of pink paint left over so decided to splash some paint around on another page.  After a few splotches I began to think about the anger and fear that comes with the diagnosis of the "c" word.  About 30 seconds later, one of the splotches began to resemble the figure of a man praying and I added the outline to emphasize it.  At least I think he's praying - maybe he's shaking his fist instead!!  Kinda weird and kinda cool all at the same time :o !

The Face of Cancer - 9 x 11 Acrylic on Canvas Paper
And the longer I look at this painting, the more images I see in it - like the legs of a child right below the kneeling man, I see a woman reaching for the man and child and I see another woman's face in profile at the top center of the painting - her eyes are closed. I see two sharks in the center, too.  That's symbolic to me, no one knows why a shark chooses one person swimming over another.   Every time I look at it, I see more faces... So interesting.  Makes me wonder who was really painting this picture!

I'm sure there is no one out there who hasn't been affected in one way or another by breast cancer.  My mom had a full mastectomy at the age of 60 and 24 years later, she's still going strong!  Luckily, my story has a very happy ending.

May anyone who is dealing with a diagnosis that is uncomfortable or frightening feel the love and support from all of us who are holding the faith that this disease will be defeated.

Keep the faith...

Linking to:  


French Cupboard
Paint Party Friday

34 comments:

  1. Beautiful post...my mom and "baby" sister are both surviors too...Yay God :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely tribute to people going through cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing a wonderful thought about art. And Wow! I like your pink bird painting!

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this idea....and I certainly like your paintings. BTW....just read your bio....you like to iron hugh?????? LOL LOL

    xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and lovely pink pieces!!

    Welcome to Paint Party Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how the longer you look at the "Face of Cancer" painting the more you see. There is such a a powerful story in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your painting is a beautiful tribute. I also like the paint "splatter" piece. Sometimes random is not so random!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful feeling in your pink pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful paintings. Thanks for posting about such an important cause!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the second painting so much and have enjoyed visiting your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome ~ absolutely creative! ~thanks, namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) Happy PPF ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic, Anne. I love the dove because of the message and the hope. I love the second one too. I think it is not a shaking fist; I think it is a hand lifted in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As the wife of a cancer survivor, your art and your post moved me deeply, Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This are wonderful. So artistic.. That dove is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely and thoughtful tribute to pink, a worthwhile cause!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG ANNE - THIS IS FAB!! I LOVE IT.. I have been trying to comment but it keeps rejecting it.. : (( THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your talent and awareness this way - this is SO unimaginably adorable.. YOU ARE TALENTED beyond words.. LOVE THIS.. TY TY SO MUCH.. Please be sure to link this up on Sunday, I totally want everyone to see.. THANK YOU.. It means SO much to me..

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved your thoughts on art and how thinking of John Lennon inspired you so. Nice job, nice colors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your paintings, Anne. I'm so happy to hear that your Mother is a long-time survivor. I have a dear friend fighting for her life right now, so this touched me deeply. I see many faces in the second painting the more I look at it...perhaps faces of all the survivors. Thanks for sharing.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice post. Nice pieces. Happy weekend Anne, Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your post and the paintings in pink....beautiful work....

    Happy PPF and pop by for Sweet Saturdays!!!!

    Hugs
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  21. Delicious pink paint with nice colors and textures, excellent execution.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oooh i love the bird - beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks Anne! I am glad you like it :)

    Have a Happy Weekend!

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a moving picture you (or "someone" using you to get their message out) have painted. Thanks for pointing out all the extra things you see in it too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely paintings.
    The second image is especially powerful to me.
    I love how bravely you write, and am glad your mom is doing great!

    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anne, once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for joining in Project Pink Today. It means SO much to me and I am very grateful you joined in with all the wonderful women today to make this day such an amazing and beautiful awareness day.. TY TY SO MUCH!! Wishing you a wonderful weekend.. ~Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  27. The PINK DOVE is my favorite. Pretty Pretty pretty. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are beautiful! I see the faces you do also. That's amazing!
    -Val

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are wonderful, so inspiring and full of hope!Deb

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful post... and so perfectly pink!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful post..gorgeous artwork..and a very special experience..I can totally relate! Magical and spiritual and mystical too..shine on! Wonderful!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...