It's Decided!!

I've lived in my house for a little over a year now and been toying with the idea of painting all the original wood work in the living room and dining room.  After seeing this gorgeous trim today on Martha Stewart, I'm decided - YES, YES, YES!


The walls in my living room are the same shade as the Martha Stewart room and I'm going to use a nice creamy white for the trim.  

Here are the before photos:

Window and trim to be painted.

Leaving the door as is, painting the trim...


Wood panelling to be painted in BM Stone House to match the rest of the walls.  PS, the picture tube on my old tv is failing so I'm getting a new tv as well this week - 21st century, here I come :)
Dining room trim and door.
Windows to be painted

Better view of trim to be painted - see how much shellac they put on the trim?!  OMG - it looks so awful!

Wanting to paint or refinish the table, too.  Sigh... 

So there it is.  I'm planning to use the Zinsser oil based primer so that I don't have to sand, but I've heard it's very smelly.  This project will have to wait for some cooler days so I can leave the windows open all day and night.  Wish I  was better at taking photos of these tiny rooms, they really are much cuter than my photos show.  You'll just have to use your imagination.

I'm so excited now.  Can't wait to see it finished!!!

Stay tuned...


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you and I have the same wood work. My hubby won't let me paint that wood work, but my kitchen and bathroom are painted and I can dream and change those anytime I wish. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting for you!!! Think about how much a paint can transform your already pretty rooms. Well, you're gonna be busy for a while my dear. Don't forget to share us the after.
    -Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...