Bright Idea

A very long time ago, I bought an old fashioned looking glass lamp shade.  I fell in love with it when I saw it and it was marked down to $5 so I couldn't resist.  I swapped it out for a shade on an existing sconce in my last house but that sconce was upgraded when I was preparing to sell the place and the base disappeared during the renos.  I still have the shade though...



So I moved into my new house and the shade sat on the shelf in a closet for a year.  Yesterday I came across it again and decided I really wanted to use it.  I have an Ikea lamp in my kitchen:


So I checked to see if the shade might fit this lamp and it did!




Have a great weekend.

Linked to:  My Repurposed Life
                  The Shabby Nest
                 My Romantic Home

3 comments:

  1. Fun! It's always great when you can continue to use the pieces you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your new lamp looks fabulous! I love that you added the glass shade!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. The glass shade really makes this lamp a stand out! Beautiful. I love finding just the right use for one of my favorite treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...