Tray Chic

I got this tray at a garage sale:

It's quite big and I've decided I'd like to make a sign out of it.  I know exactly how I want it to look, but I have no idea how to do it!!  So I need your help, all you fabulous do-it-yourselfers.

I want the following images transferred to the tray.  I want it to look antiquey and wonderful so,

This would be the centerpiece of the tray (horizontally) with a fleur-de-lis on either side

I don't actually want the words fleur-de-lis on it, I just love the style of the image.

So how do I do this??

So looking forward to hearing all your creative ways of doing things.

Thanks for your help!


4 comments:

  1. I am no expert and I dont know how to make stencils but I am sure it tells you on the net. I think you get a stencil of a fleur de lis and stencil the design on with stencil paint. with the paint you could loosly paint the tray and go over it when dry with sandpaper to get a distressed look and if you want a crackled effect you can get crackle paint. Hope this helps Hugs Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing you could do it trace the design onto wax paper...then using carbon paper layer it over your tray then put your wax paper on top....go back over the design and then paint....but first you need to paint your trap....paint it black first let dry....then paint it white....then put a crackle paint over this (you can get this at Wal-Mart by DecoArt One Step Crackle in a small bottle size)....then the black will come thru...if you don't want the crackle finish ....than paint it black let dry.....then paint on the white and while its still wet wipe off what you want....I hope this helps and if you need anything else please visit my blog...it's has my email address...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gotten stencils of Fleur de lis at Stencil Planet. I really do look forward to seeing the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making a sign out of this is a great idea! It will look wonderful! I hand paint my signs, I draw it on free hand if it's something that I can draw, then just paint.
    I can't wait to see it done!
    Hugs, cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...