My Garden

The weather has been horrible here this spring.  It's the 17th of June and we have not yet had a day of temperatures even near the average temperatures for this time of year!  I have been trying to clean up and decorate and garden outdoors, but have been chased back in by heavy downpours frequently.  Finally I have made some progress although my painting projects have had to be delayed...

Here are the photographs of what I have put together so far.

My crabapple tree in full bloom

The potting bench with a fresh coat of paint and
with the storm window I scooped for free! also
painted to match.  (ignore the plaques behind the window, 
they are to be hung on the wall above the basket)

One of my new lawn chairs ($9!) and my new
stainless baby bbq

the rest of my new lawn chairs with my old table &
umbrella.  

Nice tilted birdbath (I'll level that off next!), the pallet fence (idea
scooped from another blogger) and the shed doors that I tried to
paint but couldn't get more than one coat on thx to rainy weather.  The
pallet & door crosspieces will be painted white. Weedy gravel still on the
to-do list!

My newest garden patch put in an area that was a pain to mow.  Can you see the 
shape of a dog's head in the orange rock?  (Ignore the blue box, it's the only way to 
keep my cat from jumping through the hole in the fence lattice.)


A tiny deck, the door leads to my bedroom.


This garden is a year old


I still have some work to do, but the bulk of the hard work is done.  Sooooo happy :).  I hope you enjoyed the tour.  Have a great day!

Linked to:

Funky Junk SNS 85  Patio Decor
An Oregon Cottage  Garden Party
Fishtail Cottage Cottage Flora Thursdays
At the Picket Fence Inspiration Friday

13 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a potting bench to make into an island for my patio area. I also like the the color you painted it. Very bright and happy not like my buzzards. Ha! Follower #6. Thanks for following.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice touches throughout your space...very serene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post! Your garden and patio are so pretty! You've inspired me to repaint an old desk that I'm using as a potting bench! If I could only be inspired to stain the neglected deck! ICK, I'm so dreading it................
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful yard, and look at that amazing crabapple!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great!! that window is nice!

    debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable potting bench - I'm so envious! And your little deck off your bedroom is great too - hope you actually have time to sit in a chair once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tour, your crabapple tree is so pretty, love the pink. I really like your potting bench, what a great idea.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's! You have some great sitting areas to enjoy your gardens! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this tour- your potting area has inspired me as well- I have the perfect spot for one like yours. Now just to find one/build one...

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Jami
    An Oregon Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely outdoor space and your potting bench is just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's already beautiful, but you can make use of a bit of landscaping to make it look even better. =) Our garden almost looks like yours, and we're planning to remodel it so it'll look lovelier and more attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hadn't seen this post before ... thanks for the tour. I'm sure that garden is going to just burst this summer (if it hasn't already done so) ...

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...