A Little Piece of Paradise


Here is a series of photos showing the scenery of this beautiful area where I live.  My town is situated in a valley between two mountain ranges - to the east is the Rocky Mountains and to the west are the Purcells.   Enjoy!



I love how these pretty flowers grow
in little bouquets all over the
local hills.
The flowers are Balsamroot.
A wider view of the little bouquets.  That's the
Purcell Mountain range in the distance.
This reminds me of the Sound of Music...
Dancing in the wildflowers :)
then a swim in the creek
hurry up already!
More wildflowers

A babbling brook

a closer view...


can't get enough of how fresh this looks :)

Old growth trees

leaves just emerging from a very long winter

My favourite place, only a few paces away from the large creek yet a hush fell over as I entered this shady glen.  
And because I didn't show you our Rocky Mountain view,
here is a photo from some time ago.

Hope you enjoyed my little piece of paradise.  Have a happy week!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures....Looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You live in a beautiful place. I'm a mountain girl at heart, so these images really speak to me. ;)

    Sorry it has taken so long to visit. But the good news is, I just joined you as a follower and am featuring you tonight. Stop by to see.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne!

    I love it! I am totally pinning it to my board! And your photography (especially that one with the yellow flower)!

    AWESOME.

    But the question is?
    Were you wearing lipstick? lol!

    blessings,
    me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, paradise indeed :) What a gorgeous place to live, it's just breathtaking! I'm a Toronto girl but I've always wanted to visit BC, I've been dreaming of taking the train across the country :) Really hope I can someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Your Rocky Mountain shot is just amazing with the sun shining down on the peaks. Enjoy your view!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...