I love old crates!



Two weekends ago I bought an old shipping crate at a garage sale for $10.


Last weekend I got busy and whitewashed it inside and out.  I wanted to use it as a bench at my back door but since it's a bit smelly inside still, I wasn't sure what to store inside it.  With a sudden inspired thought, I bought a new rubber mat to put inside the crate and added some chalkboard paint to the side of it.  Here is the final product:




While I was at it, I pulled out some other crates that I've picked up along the way and stacked them into my little laundry/recycle zone.

 
My mud room is tidied up and dirty boots are tucked neatly away.  Now I smile every time I come through my back door :).  (for a mini tour of my mudroom/laundry room click HERE)

Linked to:
Funky Junk Interiors  SNS
Southern Hospitality Thrifty Treasures
Coastal Charm Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I love me some old crates and they can be used for so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you so get it! Love these! And oh my gosh.. do you know how hard it is to find a lid for these things?! What a find!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...