House Tour - My Last Home

I thought I would include a post showing what my last home looked like.  I helped to build it and I decorated it.  It was a very happy place :)

 



See the light beside the door?  I used the same ones inside in my stairwells.  Love the oiled bronze and the
old fashioned shape!



The closet doors are
just tongue&groove pine boards
with braces on one side & gate
hardware.  
This was actually designed to be my
laundry room but I wanted an office
on the main floor, so into
the basement went my laundry room!
and the other side of the office space.  Need to paint that wardrobe...

The kitchen backsplash is a slate tile and the frame of the mirror is barnwood.

My favourite space, I designed the layout and the cabinets and they worked out beautifully!


The candle chandelier is from Ikea.  The staircase wall is the same slate tile as in the kitchen.

The upstairs bathroom - I chose the tile and once it was installed, I hated it!  Painting the room Ben Moore's Mont Ste-Anne helped to minimize the impact of the tile.


The loft sitting room - my favourite spot!

The standard Ikea Poang chairs look a little more inviting when
dressed up in chunky blankets, don't you think?



 

 
the main floor bedroom,

and the back yard.


This is a store bought & assembled shed that I covered in old fence boards to make it look like
it had been here forever.




Many happy memories...



4 comments:

  1. I love your previous home. My dream home is a log home although I seriously doubt I'll ever live in one. You did a wonderful job putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I bet you miss it. I know how that is. :)

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila! Some days I miss it, but mostly I'm really happy where I am now. Cheers!!

      Delete
  3. Just found this post Anne ... It is a beautiful place and I know you are happy that you helped design and build it and you gained a lot of knowledge by doing so.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...