Dining Room - Before & After




I'm so happy with how my dining room is coming together...

B E F O R E



The room was bright yellow when I moved in and one wall was unfinished wood panelling - at least it was real wood!!  I painted the room in BM Stone House, panelling and all, and I like the coffee cream look.  I'd like to install some crown molding also but need a few lessons on how to mitre corners before I take that monster on...  

There were no window treatments to speak of in this room and as it is a corner room facing East and South, it gets a LOT of light and heat through its little old windows.  I bought Ikea curtain rods and dark brown velvet drapes - a real bargain at $100 per window for both the rod and drapes.  

It's also a very small room, only 9' x 12' with a door and a closet (it was the original master bedroom) and  I didn't want to overcrowd it with furniture.  I took the door off & plan to use it as the new door for my bathroom (reno in progress).  That made the room seem huge.  I also have an electric wood stove heater, a small sofa table and 2 extra chairs as well as the table & chairs.  I didn't add a rug because I think keeping the floor bare makes the room look much larger.


I love this pot - from HomeSense :)



Welcome to my dining room!  be sure to stop by for tea & a chat sometime :)


UPDATE:  To see the dining room after the trim and table were painted, click HERE

Linking to:

Involving Colour Roomspiration

2 comments:

  1. Anne, your dining room is beautiful and I love the paint color! We tackled crown molding and it ended up being easier than we thought which was a happy surprise! We used some test pieces so it made cutting the real crown less terrifying, since with the test pieces we were able to make sure we had the angles right. Thanks so much for linking up to Roomspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...